The University Security Division under the office of the Vice-Chancellor is headed by the Chief Security Officer and its affairs are supervised by the University Security Committee which is headed by the Registrar. The Security Division has the traditional duty of:
- Protecting life and property.
- Preventing crime through effective campus patrol.
- Enforcing university rules and regulations which have a direct bearing on security.
- Ensuring a conducive atmosphere for learning and research by preventing breach of the peace.
- Investigating and apprehending offenders and reporting the outcome of cases to the Management.
- Settling cases and disputes between and among students which are civil in nature.
- Monitoring peace and stability on campus; and submitting daily report to the office of the Vice- Chancellor for appropriate action.
- The fire fighting unit of the Security Division is responsible for putting out fire and rescuing lives and property.
- Collaborating with the Student Affairs Division to issue identity cards to both staff and students.
The Security Division functions around the clock and any security related matter should be promptly reported to the headquarters or the nearest security post. The Division avails itself to both staff and students for continued maintenance of secure environment that is conducive for academic and social pursuits of both staff and students.