Welcome message from the National President
I am pleased to welcome you to Kaduna State University Alumni webpage. I wish to welcome all our prospective students and alumnus to Kaduna State University Alumni Association. By way of introduction, KASU Alumni was established in 2009 after the graduation of the first sets of graduate. The Alumni has successfully completed their studies. Prior to the 1st Convocation Ceremony in 2013, KASU Alumni was constituted as the umbrella for graduates of the University and later in 2015 KASU Alumni was inducted into the Conference of Alumni Association of Nigerian Universities (CAANU) – the mother body of all Universities Alumni Associations in Nigeria.
Since then, KASU Alumni has been conducting series of successful activities at both state and national levels. These have been achieved through our core values of excellence, commitment, integrity and innovations over the years.
I am equally please to inform you that the National Executive Council (NEC) of CAANU at its 2020Third (3rd) Quarter National Delegates Conference held at Nasarawa State University, Keffi has considered and approved that Kaduna State University Alumni Association should host the 4th Quarter National Delegates Conference slated for Thursday, 26th to Saturday, 28th November, 2020.
On a final note, I want to on behalf of the entire National Executive Committee (NEC) of KASU Alumni thank His Excellency, The Executive Governor of Kaduna State Mal. Nasiru Ahmad El-Rufai OFR, and The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Muhammad Tanko for their support and guidance towards ensuring the association meets its objectives anytime the need arise. Furthermore, a very big thank you to Members of Staff of Kaduna State University and members of Kaduna State University Alumni Association for being there for us.
Thank you and Welcome to KASU Alumni
Mal. Usman Ibrahim Tabari
National President, KASU Alumni
Aims and Objectives of the Association
The aims and objectives of the association shall be to:
- Promote the welfare, standards, prestige, and good governance of the university.
- Encourage a close relationship between the university authorities, the staff, the students, the association, and the general public.
- Provide assistance to the various components of the university
- Provide services and donations to charities, religious bodies, educational organizations and other non-profit making bodies.
- Explore co-operation with organizations that have similar aims and objectives within and outside the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Institutes a scholarship scheme and provide financial assistance to the needy, less privilege and educationally outstanding students.
- Encourage members to support individually and collective teaching and other scholarly activities in the university.
- Organize from time to time, seminars, conferences, workshops, symposia, lectures and other similar activities for articulation of common problems relating to the development of the society.
- Promote co-operative spirit amongst members and encourage mutual self-help.
- Undertake all such other things as lawful, necessary and conducive to the attainment of the ideals of the association and the development of Kaduna State University in particular and the federal republic of Nigeria in general.