The academic structure of the university is based on Faculties and Departments, General Studies Unit and College of Basic Studies, College of Health Sciences, in addition there is a school of Postgraduate Studies.
The University currently comprises the following Faculties at the Kaduna Campus:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- College of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- College of Basic Studies
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Entrepreneurship Research and Development Centre
DEPARTMENTS AND PROGRAMMES
Faculty of Arts
Arabic B.A. Arabic
Christian Religious Studies B.A. CRS
English and Drama B.A. English
French B.A. French
History B.A. History
Islamic Studies B.A. Islamic Studies
Nigerian Langs, and Lings. B.A. Hausa
Faculty of Science
Biochemistry B.Sc. Biochemistry
Biological Sciences B.Sc. Biology
Chemistry B.Sc. Chemistry
B. Sc. Ind. Chemistry
Geography B.Sc. Geography
Mathematical Sciences B.Sc. Mathematics
Computer Science B.Sc. Comp. Science
Microbiology B.Sc. Microbiology
Physics B.Sc. Physics
Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
Accounting B.Sc. Accounting
Business Administration B.Sc. Business Admin.
Economics B.Sc. Economics
Mass Communication B.Sc. Mass Comm.
Political Science B.Sc. Pol. Science
Sociology B.Sc. Sociology
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Pharmacy B. Pharm.
At the Kafanchan Campus we have the following Faculties:
Faculty of Agriculture
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
Architecture B.Sc. Arc.
Environmental Management B.Sc. Env.Mgt.
Estate Management B.Sc. Estate Mgt.
Quantity Surveying B.Sc. Quantity Surveying
Undergraduate Programmes: The general admission requirements are five credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language at the SSCE level.
- 100 Level: An acceptable UME score and five credit passes in which one should to be in English Language and four relevant subjects (depending on the degree programme entry requirement) obtained at the SSCE or its equivalent at NOT more than two sittings.
- Direct Entry: The University does not admit direct entry candidates for now.
Postgraduate Programmes: In addition to the first degrees, the university commenced Postgraduate Diploma and Masters degree and will run Doctorate degree Programmes.
- Candidates for the Masters Degree programmes must be holders of first degrees from recognized universities with a minimum of Second Class Honors or other equivalent qualification.
- Candidates for the Doctorate Degree programmes must have a Masters Degree from recognized universities or equivalent.
The minimum duration for the degree programmes is as follows:
- Arts 4 years
- Science 4 years
- Social and Management Sciences 4 years
- Medicine 6 years
- Pharmacy 5 years
- Agriculture 5 years
- Architecture 5 years
- Environmental Management 5 years
- Estate Management 5 years
- Quantity Surveying 5 years
To graduate a student must undergo 4-6 years of study depending on the course of study. A four-year degree programme could attract a maximum of six years for graduation, while a six year degree programme could attract a maximum of nine years for graduation. The University requires that minimum course work load must be met before a student graduates. To be awarded the first degree, a student must complete the following credit units depending on the faculty and course of study.
4-year degree programme-minimum of 120 credit units
6-year degree programme - minimum of 180 credit units